North America is a continent located in the northern hemisphere and divided into several different time zones. Some of the major time zones in North America are:
- UTC-04:00: This time zone is observed in the eastern part of the continent, including the Bahamas, Bermuda, and the Virgin Islands.
- UTC-05:00: This time zone is observed in the eastern part of the continent, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- UTC-06:00: This time zone is observed in the central part of the continent, including Belize and Honduras.
- UTC-07:00: This time zone is observed in the western part of the continent, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- UTC-08:00: This time zone is observed in the western part of the continent, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Note that many countries in North America observe Daylight Saving Time (DST), which temporarily shifts the standard time in a region by one hour during certain parts of the year. This is done to make better use of sunlight during the longer days of summer. Some North American countries that observe DST include the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
North America is a diverse continent with a wide range of climates and landscapes. It is home to a variety of cultures, languages, and traditions and is an important center of political, economic, and cultural activity.
Move your cursor above that North American country you want to see the current time for and click to view the time zone and your actual time details.
Scroll with your mouse to zoom, or use the zoom buttons on the left side of the map. For Google Street View, pull that small yellow man from the left side of the North American map.
The following table lists the North American time zone abbreviations.
|Abbreviation||Full name||Other abbreviations||Timezone|
|NST||Newfoundland Standard Time||HNT||UTC – 3:30 hours|
|NDT||Newfoundland Daylight Time||HAT||UTC – 2:30 hours|
|AST||Atlantic Standard Time||HNA||UTC – 4 hours|
|ADT||Atlantic Daylight Time||HAA||UTC – 3 hours|
|EST||Eastern Standard Time||HNE||UTC – 5 hours|
|EDT||Eastern Daylight Time||HAE||UTC – 4 hours|
|CST||Central Standard Time||HNC||UTC – 6 hours|
|CDT||Central Daylight Time||HAC||UTC – 5 hours|
|MST||Mountain Standard Time||HNR||UTC – 7 hours|
|MDT||Mountain Daylight Time||HAR||UTC – 6 hours|
|PST||Pacific Standard Time||HNP||UTC – 8 hours|
|PDT||Pacific Daylight Time||HAP||UTC – 7 hours|
|AKST||Alaska Standard Time||HNY||UTC – 9 hours|
|AKDT||Alaska Daylight Time||HAY||UTC – 8 hours|
|HAST||Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time||HST||UTC – 10 hours|
|HADT||Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time||UTC – 9 hours|
Time zones in other regions
- Central America
- Indian Ocean
- North America
- South America